Legacy Post Disclaimer
This is a #Legacy post imported from Holmes County Advertiser’s previous platform. If you’re experiencing issues with this article, please email us at [email protected].
Kansas Ave. home total loss in afternoon fire
A Kansas Avenue home is a total loss after an electrical fire broke out late Monday afternoon. Bonifay Fire-Rescue received the call at 4:09 p.m. and arrived on scene at 4:13 p.m. to find a fully engulfed structure fire. Fire Chief Larry Cook says the cause of the fire was a faulty heating element.
“This was a simple accident that started in the home’s dryer,” said Cook. “The home is a total loss, and there were no injuries to residents. The only loss other than home was a duck that tried to hide under the porch of the home.”