Legacy Post Disclaimer

This is a #Legacy post imported from Holmes County Advertiser’s previous platform. If you’re experiencing issues with this article, please email us at [email protected].


Bonifay Dollar General fire caused by AC system failure

BONIFAY – Fire officials say an investigation has concluded a fire that began at the Dollar General Market store located on South Waukesha Street in Bonifay was caused by a failure in the air conditioning system.

Bonifay Fire-Rescue was alerted to a commercial structure fire at the store Monday morning.

Crews arrived within three minutes and began investigating the source of the smoke.  Holmes County EMS, Chipley Fire Department, Esto Fire Department, and Ponce de Leon Fire Department all responded for provided additional support. 

“Thanks to an alert group of store personnel, the building was quickly and safely evacuated prior to fire department arrival,” said Bonifay Fire-Resuce Operations Captain Landis Messer.

There was no damage to the interior of the building. The store will remain temporarily closed to allow maintenance personnel to safely repair the issue.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply